Art and Light
Los Angeles to Austin
About the Artist
I create work to poke at the human condition, celebrate the earth, and draw attention to the damage we cause. We are funny animals, always covered, shy and isolated from the world around us. My work gives perspective of the animal, showing the deep roots of our nonsensical actions so we can learn to act ethically. I believe in connecting more with nature and each other, so my art demonstrates joy and the beauty of life. I use recycled materials and found objects because everything moves in circles anyway. The circle of my life recently returned me to Austin, TX, the barefoot muddy stomping ground of my childhood. After traveling the world and fomenting my art practice in Los Angeles it is an honor to be home and grow my art where my roots are. I believe it is our responsibility to honor the cycles of this planet and not treat anything as disposable. This is the age of misinformation and fake news, but in trusting our hearts and the bounty offered by the world, we can learn to live honorably. It is each person's individual responsibility to become a caretaker of themselves, of their loved ones, and of this earth.
Once I lost my mind. For a short time I was completely honest, authentic, and trusting of life.
This happened recently. I learned a few lessons, and now that I've returned to sanity these are the things I work towards:
- Know myself, know what I do, and connect with others.
- I lose my light when tired. Take care of self, make the world beautiful. Madness thrives in beauty.
- Soul connection is all that matters.
- Only when I give everything do I get anything. I.e. authentic expression without need.
- The moment you feel need for money, you're lost!
- Dance. Be a child. Be a fool, be an idiot. Showing my weakness is a filter against those who can't.
- What do I want out of this soul I'm interacting with? Are my intentions honest, do I share them honestly?
If you want to connect with me please do, I love connection.
But be warned, I will look for your soul and show you mine, and I don't take kindly to those with murky intentions.
Be forward and honest with me, I promise to return the favor.
AUSTIN, TX 78704